Wednesday 25 July 2012

EXPLORER NEW YORK - AA MAP & GUIDE PACK








RATING - D

Despite not yet being able to visit the city, I retain a mild interest. Two or three times I have almost visited, including an attempt for the 99-00 millennium. I have a curiosity about the city as I expect to be reborn there in my next life, and therefore wish to read up on the place to key myself in.

I find the book much the same as any holiday guide in book format, with the usual chunks on history, maps, guides to stuff that most other people except me are interested in, etc. Page 179 mentioned a Tibetan art center that sounds interesting, though. I read everything except for the hotel & restaurant listings.

This book took over a year to read as I only read a couple of pages at a time. I recently finished it as I had to read something I could pick up and put down without too much concentration due to my father calling out every few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment