Thursday 23 March 2017

THE GOAT WHO SAILED THE WORLD - JACKIE FRENCH

 
THE GOAT WHO SAILED THE WORLD - JACKIE FRENCH

One of a trio of books my friend Liz loaned me to read after she read it with her grandkids. Having spent 22 years living in Australia, I am well acquainted with the history pertaining to Captain Cook and Joseph Banks - and have in fact visited Botany Bay in real life, due to formerly living quite close to the region. The book details the fictional but possible storyline as seen from that of a ship-goat and young boy who grew into his chosen life of a sailor.

Although directed primarily at young readers, there was one word I had to look up. I found it interesting to observe the story from the goat's point of view - as I myself have written from pigeons' points of view in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment