Saturday 1 April 2017

BLACK BEAUTY - ANNA SEWELL

BLACK BEAUTY - ANNA SEWELL

One of a trio of books my friend Liz loaned me to read after she read it with her grandkids. This book was written some time ago, preceding other horse-narratives/autobiographies. The story is now a classic known worldwide.

I have formerly watched the movie, but that was a long time ago and I had not recalled the story beyond the basics. I have also ridden in the past, but knew barely anything about horses at the time. Once again, I enjoyed looking at life from an animals' point of view - while wondering how realistic the author is being, how animals 'actually' think or sense in comparison to what an author estimates, etc. (Are they being as accurate as I am when it comes to pigeons?)

No comments:

Post a Comment