Saturday 11 September 2010

TIBETAN MEDITATION by TARTHANG TULKU

RATING B-
Free to pop into the town library, this is one of the half dozen books that I carried home with me.  If I had no time limit, I would have benefitted more from reading it - however I have only three weeks in which to read 6 books - so 'rushed' through. I could get them out on repeat loan, but I have just had 2 new books arrive and bought two from the library book sale in person and another two from the online book sale....

This book is a great coverage of Tibetan meditation. Although I have followed several Buddhist styles, Tibetan Buddhism is my main focus and if I had read this book 1-2 years ago, I would have benefitted even more than reading it now - at a time when some of this is already practiced in person and ingrained. It is a very good book if you are starting out with an interest in meditation, especially if you lean towards Buddhism or Tibetan matters. I would definitely reccomend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment