Saturday 2 April 2011

AN OPEN HEART - HHDL

RATING - B

Another of HHDL's gems – I must have read a couple of dozen of his books by now. I recall having once read this when borrowed from Wollongong library and put it on my 'read again some day' list. Finally, I have my own copy and can re-read it as much as I like.

Having personal difficulty with compassion in that it comes easily in regard to animals, birds, bugs – but with more difficulty in relation to people, I am searching the book for help and guidance. Some of the structured practices appeal and some little bits and corners fell into place along with reinforcement of previously obtained knowledge.

Covering the basic Buddhist beliefs as well as a detailed structure to progress through, the book will be helpful throughout multiple stages of practice – therefore is recommended for anyone interested rather than JUST Westerners OR beginners OR advanced OR avidly practicing Buddhists....

No comments:

Post a Comment