Friday 22 April 2011

THE WORLD OF TIBETAN BUDDHISM – HHDL

RATING - A-

I selected this book as I wanted to see if there were any areas I had missed in my studies to date that needed attention. I felt a comprehensive well-written guide that 'covered it all' worthwhile reading, so as to reinforce my current understanding and allow me to open up into new exploration if anything cropped up.

Specifically of interest to me were matters related on page 28 – imputed, dependent, and thoroughly established phenomena – leading me to contemplate beyond the text. I was also especially interested in the latter chapters, dealing with matters I had a fair but not full knowledge of until reading this book.

I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to know about Tibetan Buddhism with thoroughness rather than having a quick 5-minute read through of the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment