Monday 2 May 2011

DREAM YOGA AND THE PRACTICE OF NATURAL LIGHT – CHOGYAL NAMKHAI NORBU


RATING - A-

I selected this book partly due to it concerning Dzogchen and partly due to it concerning dream Yoga practices. Both topics interest me enough to participate in practicing them. I have been able to enter the dream zone and participate fully whilst awake for some time, but have had little ability to be aware whilst dreaming/sleeping itself – I thought that this book might assist me.

I found it extremely helpful in learning what I do and do not currently know and what I can and can not currently do. It also amazed me in that I discovered that I had already been practicing what is termed 'Thegchod' without knowing it was called this, due to memories from a past life that resurfaced. As the subject was discussed, I realized that I had already begun to practice this! Obviously, I will need to now find a book on that topic and continue my studies!

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in practicing dream Yoga from a Buddhist point of view – but would also say that this book agrees that for the practice to be conducted properly one needs a transmission – something I have not yet had in THIS life, though have had formerly.

No comments:

Post a Comment