Saturday 11 June 2011

HOW TO BE HAPPY - LAMA ZOPA RINPOCHE








RATING - B

A collection of short pieces of wisdom arranged in topical order. A generally easy to read book, giving a break after the serious study style books I have been reading recently. That is not to say that there is nothing to learn within these snippets of wisdom, merely that it is not a serious practice to focus upon as much as advice, ideas, and a few meditations to balance and progress one's practice.

I would recommend this book to those wanting to find clues as to how to improve their state of life and living, those seeking understanding, and those wanting to take small steps towards big goals.

Incidentally, had I ever managed to get up to Sydney to attend the Vajrayana Institute, I might have encountered the author who teaches there regularly - but all three attempts to attend prior to my leaving Australia failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment