Tuesday 30 October 2012

BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO YOGA - HOWARD KENT & CLAIRE HAYLER






RATING: C-

Although I am no longer a beginner, I decided to buy this book at the reduced cost of $2. It is a good basic guide, although I personally prefer something leaning more towards a specific Indian version than Yoga in general. The book does cover the whole eight limbs of Patanjali's Yoga sutras, although as usual the asanas, meditation, and pranayama get pride of place.

Of specific interest were some of the unnamed bends and stretches - I think these may be useful to slip in on days when I do two short sessions rather than one long practice. I find that reading Yoga books brings about a positive attitude and replaces the encouragement of a teacher that might be present were I not a home practitioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment