Sunday 14 October 2012

LETTING GO OF THE PERSON YOU USED TO BE - LAMA SURYA DAS



RATING: B

I found the references on karma and omniscience interesting in the first chapter. I agree that the more we learn from the bad bits of life the better - we should get rid of it asap rather than have it come back again and again until we do learn and correct ourselves!!Gradually learning what needs to be learned - rather than failing over and over can only be progressive.

The 'Ham-so' breathing exercise reminded me of the deity breathing I have been working on - the breath goes in and out different places though...

It was interesting to observe how far I had got in accepting loss already, compared to the old me. Unlike a Buddha, who recognizes ALL, I can only see SOME of the origins of my own karma - however, since taking he ACI course on karma and personal investigations a few years ago, I can find the origin of several things that crop up in my life - and people I formerly knew give me vision-memories of former lives I have shared with them from time to time.

It was interesting to read the chapter relative to the Medicine Buddha - as this has been something I have been working with over the past months. Again, the section referent to mindfulness meditation was also useful as this I also something I have worked with a LOT in the past. I am going to work on one of the exercises given in this book as a refresher. I was also interested to read the references to birds and nature towards the close of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment