Sunday 23 June 2013

THE EASY YOGA WORKBOOK - TARA FRASER







RATING: C+

I like the way that asanas are explained in this book – but I do not approve of the suggestions to use props! I also strongly disagreed with the point on page 120, stating that one 'can not successfully' meditate while lying down. Personally, I was using the lying down position before i knew meditation existed, to 'contemplate spirituality' - same thing/diff name. It was the easiest position for me to take when beginning meditating, therefore, I can safely say it DOES work - better than any other position for me, in fact.

A second major factor that disappointed me was the fact that the book was 'manufactured in China'. However, overall, I was glad that i read this book - as it emphasized a few factors that seem 'minor' in some other publications - such as the purpose of 'tucking in the tummy'. This may seem a minor matter, but it can make a big difference to a genuine practice!

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in an at-home Yoga practice that does not mind buying 'made in China' items.

No comments:

Post a Comment