Monday 29 July 2013

THE HEART OF COMPASSION - DILGO KHYENTSE


RATING: A-

Various parts of the book stood out including: the 8 incompatible propensities, how bad friends affect practice (in my case having family who disrespect my practice/lifestyle), the mention of Patrul Rinpoche saving many animal lives in Golok, and the prayer in Appendix 5.

I am beginnng to break through to a deeper level of comprehension on several matters - such as 'free from the 3 concepts' and various other points often mentioned in commentaries/texts. The more I read, the more ways things are put - the more I can understand how far I am and how far I have yet to go.

I would recommend this book to those interested in Mahayana teachings, interested in another viewpoint/teaching on Bodhisattvic living, and those who find the authors way of explaining tings helpful. I have another Dilgo Khyentse book coming up shortly, thanks to a friend who sent me a copy that I am just about to start reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment