Wednesday 9 October 2013

THE TIBETAN YOGAS OF DREAM AND SLEEP - TENZIN WANGYAL RINPOCHE


RATING: A-

The connections between experience/realms was very interesting reading. Chapter three mentions women should sleep on their left side and men on their right - although I can see the logic of this from the pranic viewpoint, I find that getting less blood to the left hand side of the brain and more to the right gives me more realistic/useful dreams, whereas on the left, I get muddled messes. I also tend to sleep in the male position more often to control sinus issues and daytime problems. I found the description of three different levels of dream very interesting. I was also interested to learn the Tibetan viewpoint on what uses dreams have.

I would recommend the book to those interested in learning how to use dreams beneficially, those interested in Tibetan Buddhist practices, and those interested in the Bon Dzogchen ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment