Wednesday 25 June 2014

SHAMANS OF THE WORLD - NANCY CONNOR & BRADFORD KEENEY


SHAMANS OF THE WORLD - NANCY CONNOR & BRADFORD KEENEY

RATING: B

Dealing with a variety of alternative healers taken from various indiginous cultures, this book covers the better side of medicine to the Western 'pills n profits' too many of us automatically use (though not myself). It opens with a beautiful story of a NAI lady who found she was destined to become a healer in much the same way that I discovered I was destined to practice Tibetan Buddhism.

I connect best to the NAI accounts. I can relate to recognition of technology as destructive to Mother Nature rather than man progressing, for example. I found a book full of preferable alternative to those which my own culture is supposed to use. It is good to know that so many alternatives exist nd can only say that I have more faith in such as these than that of Western medicine.

I would recommend this book to those interested in learning of medical alternatives to the 'expected' modern approach.



No comments:

Post a Comment