Sunday 29 June 2014

THE WISDOM OF THE BUDDHIST MASTERS - ROBERT SACHS







THE WISDOM OF THE BUDDHIST MASTERS - ROBERT SACHS


RATING: B-

After detailing the purpose of the book and listing the original questions used for the interviews, the author offers us each interview with a modern Buddhist master in printed form. I personally related best to Ven. Thubten Chodron whose understanding of the way media attempts to influence us is akin to my own. I myself have already chosen to not use TV, newspapers, or radio. The book offers practical and contemplative advice for those interested in either improving the shared world about us or at least surviving this current life.

I would recommend this book to those interested in current affairs from a Buddhist viewpoint, those wishing to make our planet a better place, and those seeking guidance in how to understand the world's current state and direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment