Friday 18 July 2014

CHATTY CAT THE FIRST SIX MONTHS - SUZAN COLLINS


CHATTY CAT THE FIRST SIX MONTHS - SUZAN COLLINS


RATING: B-

Taking a break from my usual reading topics of Buddhism, travel and philosophy, I ventured into this book concerning a rescue cat and how it learns to fit into its new home. (I attended the online book launch and won a copy thanks to Chatty Cat selecting me!) The author seems to know her cat's mind as well as I knew those of my pigeon pals back home in Wollongong. The book ends with tips for looking after a cat from both the human and cats' eye view.

This book is dotted with pictures, photos and internet links. My favorite parts are in chapter 4 when the cat first learns about its new abode, chapter 11 as it explores the garden, the burglary in chapter 22 and the video link in the 6th chapter. It is hard to say whether the book should be classed as fiction or non-fiction - in that it is imaginary words coming from a true situation.

I would recommend this book to cat lovers, those interested in how mankind regards the inner mind of feline animals, and those interested in adding a rescue cat to their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment