Tuesday 22 July 2014

EMOTIONAL AWARENESS - HHDL & PAUL EKMAN







EMOTIONAL AWARENESS - HHDL & PAUL EKMAN

RATING: B-

I related well to HHDL's side of the conversation, probably as I have read so many Buddhist books and have never been in touch with my own Western culture. I can answer the question posed regarding whether or not it is possible to change ones emotional profile - YES! (I did). I enjoyed the analogy on page 68-9 regarding kindergarten/doctorate. I found the mention of emotional resonance and meta attention relatable - in that these are two areas with which I have personal experience. I give the thumbs up to the Darwin quote on page 149. In the section referent to recognition of/avoidance of emotions, I tend to find the hardest part easy and easiest part hard - as usual.

I would recommend the book to those interested in Buddhist psychology, HHDL's views, or understanding emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment