Tuesday 3 August 2010

Buddha - Deepak Chopra

RATING: B-

The first book that I have completed since starting my blog was one I was unsure about reading to begin with. Due to popping into a different library whilst visiting my hospitalized father recently, I collected an armful of books to read as I now had plenty of time free in which to read and a lot of new stock from which to select.

Leaving this one til the last, I proceded to read through the rest of my stock and then picked it up.My hesitation was due to the fact that it was not a non-fiction book and was a novel version of the story. Despite my reluctance, I did enjoy reading the book and although I would question some of the content on its truth, many points were brought to the surface that I had not formerly considered.

I have read multiple accounts of the life story of the Buddha, of which this is just one of two that come under the fiction genre. Although I generally prefer pure fact, I found the ideas lying behind the text explained a different viewpoint of the Buddha's life that I found both interesting and helpful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment