Sunday 15 August 2010

SIXTY SONGS OF MILAREPA - introduced by Bhikku Khantipalo

RATING: A-
Number 15 - "to find one serious Buddhist in a hundred is difficult" I have found this to be true also - People say I have understood so much so soon, and some of my friends call me 'nun in a house' as a teasing on my preoccupation with Buddhist study and practice - and when I talk to others who practice, I find many who JUST meditate or chant and do not actually grow and learn from their study and practice. In one way I am glad i do not attend a temple or Buddhist Center - as I would find it hard to introduce myself, as I cannot explain my status.

Number 35 -  ‘diligence is my royal precious horse, which bears the kleshas to non-ego land.’ I find this very beautiful wording. It is something written at my level in an interesting way.


I also find number 50 helpful - ‘keeping watch’ on trouble-starting moments and recalling NOT to act wrongly is something I need to do more often and recalling their illusory nature may be one clue as to how to make it easier to do so.


Numbers 54 and 59 are two my favorites.


I like reading different takes on the same topics - as this helps my own practice, so reading Milarepa‘s words helps me fine-tune my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment