Thursday 5 August 2010

WIDENING THE CIRCLE OF LOVE - DALAI LAMA

RATING: B

I have read multiple books written by HHDL, some of which have been extremely helpful to my progression and understanding of Buddhism, whilst others explain teachings and facts in a different way and so concrete what is a bit mushy.

This book reads either as a course of practice to follow or as a collection of helpful ideas. Having read the book on loan from the lbirary, I am using it for the latter - if I ever got myself a copy, I would use it as an actual study course to practice from.

Some of the information in the book was helpful to me at this precise time, as it gave me ideas of ways to approach problems that are arising for my father - but I have yet to encourage him to read the book himself, or to let me read some of it to him - which I know would benefit him in his current concerns. I have just taken some ideas and explained them in the same way as HHDL. I hope to reread this book sometime in the futurte, when I have more time, and practice in full - raher than in pieces, as I currently seem to be started on several of the steps rather than fully competent at any.

No comments:

Post a Comment