Saturday 2 July 2011

EYE OF THE STORM - KEITH DOWMAN








RATING - B

Yet another Dzogchen book! I was very sleepy while reading most of the book, and therefore very slow to complete reading it through. I was trying to stay in a mode of understanding and contemplating, rather than letting words go in my eye and disappear into thin headedness - but did not have much success.

I intend to re-read the entire book once I am getting enough rest & sleep to feel alert while reading, as the first short piece was firmly understood on 2-3 reads, but I have yet to properly figure out the other 4 pieces.

I wonder if it is significant that the two pieces with birds in the title were those that stood out the most?

I would recommend this book to Dzogchen practitioners interested in reading through texts with commentaries as ideas and pointers towards furthering their practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment