Friday 15 July 2011

THE TIBETAN BOOK OF THE DEAD - FRANCESCA FREMANTLE & CHOGYAM TRUNGPA










RATING - B+

I expected this to be an easy read, considering I have read 2-3 different versions of the same text already. However, it was the best translation so far and I found an awful lot of material to contemplate in the before and after sections in addition to the main text.

On page 59, it says that if one recognizes the luminosity due to previous meditations etc - one doesn't need to have the text read upon passing. What it does not explain is how to direct yourself to a specific rebirth from that position...

I have previously read at least one library version and the Evans-Wentz original translation, but this is the only version so far that has offered hints for practice whilst living rather than solely guidance when departed. (Or maybe this is the first time that I have picked them up).

No comments:

Post a Comment