Wednesday 10 August 2011

DZOGCHEN THE SELF PERFECTED STATE - CHOGYAL NAMKHAI NORBU


RATING - B

A helpful book covering the basics with a few ideas and hints for practitioners. I particularly found the parts concerning vows, putting practice into life, non-positional meditation, and 'presence' to be helpful. The latter being of great help to my main current problem. I appreciate the given explanations and the acceptance that Dzogchen practice does not need to be tied in to a pile of traditional rigmarole - because although I have nothing against such traditions, I have no 'local' temple to practice such at and see little relevance of a meditation center when I have already learned how to meditate.

I would recommend the book to Dzogchen practitioners/would-bes that want to clarify the basics or learn a few pointers and hints - also to those interested in 'The Cuckoo of the State of Presence' verses, or those wanting a good photo of CNN to scan-copy for use on an alter if they are students.

No comments:

Post a Comment