Tuesday 22 May 2012

BUDDHA STANDARD TIME - LAMA SURYA DAS







RATING - B-

The left-right comparison in chapter 3 was of especial interest to me. I visualize the left side of my mind as being plugged into karma and the right to dharma. I agree - no alarm clock needed by me! I didn't find it all to be the case for me, though. When I worked from 1am thru 10am, I was fitter, slimmer, alerter than I am now that I work 5am thru 8/9pm. (I believe this to be because I 'use' another person's natural hours vibe rather than my own.)

Page 96 reminds me of my friend's website - HERE The reference to women having a thicker corpus callosum on page 99 made me wonder if this has changed throughout the centuries - or might do in future ones - as the female role changes? The brain vibration frequencies on page 119 are interesting - I have noticed change of energy when living under a headache rather than in it, and how resting energy itself can assist in calming thoughts. I also appreciated reading of many references to nature and birdlife.

Perhaps more oriented to the average everyday human than the serious Buddhist student, it nevertheless provided adequate opportunity to contemplate.

No comments:

Post a Comment