Tuesday 1 May 2012

THE MEANING OF LIFE - HHDL








RATING - B

HH gives a detailed analysis of the Wheel of Cyclic Life. It is a picture/topic I have come across on many occasions, due to my incessant reading habit. Despite having put a little effort into study myself, it is good to have a thorough investigation by an expert to read through.

Specific points I found of personal interest include the top chunk of page 114 - which explains why I can read a complex book that is a level ahead of my comprehension, and then drift beyond a muddle of multiple questions - into sudden understanding and awareness of what it was on about. I find this specific way of learning productive and enjoyable. Now, I know how it is done!

I additionally enjoyed the 'GB-Sanskrit-Tibetan' mini vocab section at the end. I was surprised to find how many Sanskrit words I knew. I must have picked them all up during the past 6 years of reading, as i knew no Sanskrit at all until I began to read Buddhist books!

No comments:

Post a Comment