Thursday 17 May 2012

MEDICINE BUDDHA TEACHINGS - KHENCHEN THRANGU RINPOCHE



RATING - A-

This book was purchased as 'suggested reading material' due to my recently commencing practice of the Medicine Buddha Sadhana.

Page 100 has an extra-short version that looks possible to practice on days when Dad is likely to interrupt a long session before I finish, which will be helpful. I was interested to find that there was a Manjushri connection mentioned in the base text. I have not yet used mudras in my own practice - but I think I would need to see rather than read about them before doing so. I seem to be the reverse of note 55! I am also glad to read that it does not harm another if you introduce them to MB and they take opposition - this could be quite useful when dealing with animals and birds and might therefore be a preferable practice to my current one.

Good reading if you are new/intermediate at the practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment