Sunday 31 March 2013

BODHISATTVA ATTITUDE - LAMA ZOPA RINPOCHE

RATING: A-

This book has brought awareness to some faults of mine. Page 32 mentions the joy in assisting insects. The prayer on page 172 is also meaningful to me. I would like to take on the main practices, but my time schedule does not allow this in addition to my current practice. Some of the prayers from the appendices will be able to be learned and taken on though - for instance, the one for ensuring that if you tread on a bug it is reborn in a favorable place is one I shall definitely be learning.

I found this a very helpful book and recommend it to those learning how to practice Mahayana Buddhism, those interested in making their practice worthwhile, and those with enough time to get deeply involved in this practice - either alone or in addition to their current practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment