Thursday 23 February 2012

HINTING AT DZOGCHEN-A COMPENDIUM OF TEACHINGS BY TSOKNYI RINPOCHE - LOTSAWA TONY DUFF








RATING: A-

After a slow and tough start to the book, part 1.2 began to become much more helpful, leading to huge chunks of new views on old topics throughout the remainder of the book. It seemed right for my level, being informative on what I half/three-quarters know. Page 109's flower passage became a temporary meditation practice for me. In the latter half of the book, there was a lot of information that helped clarify certain topics I was a bit hazy on or 'almost' sure about - but needed to double check. There was also a new view on emptiness for me to work with.

This is the first of two books of Tsoknyi Rinpoche teachings that I bought late last year - the other still sits in my pile of circa 25-30 'yet-to-reads' and will be read hopefully by the close of 2012. I would reccommend this book to Mahayana practitioners searching for a different approach, who benefit from observing familiar subjects from as many aspects as possible to clarify their own understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment